Using VOIP for a revolutionary business
What is VOIP?
Voice over Internet Protocol i.e VOIP is a drastic and far-reaching change in ways of thinking and behavior of voice communications over IP networks such as the Internet or other packet-switched networks. You heard of VOIP services in IP telephony, Internet telephony, voice over broadband (VoBB), broadband telephony, and broadband phone.The best features is the VOIP solutions are highly cost effective.
Why should we use VOIP services?
The recent development in technology provides prominent attribute due to which the bandwidth efficiency and costs of the VoIP technology are very cheap.In this time of recessions Companies and Business are applying the cost cut. Do you know switching from traditional telephone systems to VoIP systems reduce the monthly phone costs by so many times.Moreover VoIP also offers the advantage of running both voice and data communications over a single network which can represent a significant saving in infrastructure costs.VoIP can be a benefit for reducing communication and infrastructure costs.It have so many cost less features like Conference calling, IVR, call forwarding, automatic redial, and caller ID features.
Easy to integrate – Desegregation of VOIP solutions together with other services available over the Internet is very simple and feasible.For example video conversation, message or data file exchange in parallel with the conversation, audio conferencing, managing address books, and passing information about whether.
Here is an awesome presentations on the need of Voip in the business as VoIP for business.
Points to remember before choosing VOIP service providers?
Their are various service providers all over the word ranging from Asia,America and Canada voip provider so you should keep in mind the following points regarding the services of the VOIP :
- Interconnection to traditional PSTN telephones
- Quality of Service – It is very important to have good Quality of service because voice travels over IP networks in packets in the same manner as data transmit over internet, so when you talk over an IP network your conversation is broken up into small packets.So you should check whether your service provider have a packet loss and delay is congestion or not.
- Susceptibility to Power failure
- PSTN Integration – Echo can also be an issue for PSTN integration so you should check whether you service provider have this problem or not.
- Interconnection to traditional PSTN telephones – Some analog telephone adapters do not decode pulse dialing from older phones so you should check whether your voip service provider have this issues or not.
- Security – Your service provider must root VoIP traffic through firewalls and address translators in order to saves your precious information’s.
Example of VOIP service providers
I recently came across Canada voip provider which provides brobdingnagian list of services ranging from 911 Dialing ,Voicemail,Caller ID,Call Waiting,Call Forwarding,In-Network Calls,Call return,Call Transfer,Distinctive Ringing,Intercom Dialing,Hunt Group,Message Waiting,Music on Hold,Speed Dialing,3-way Calling,Toll Restriction and many more.I also came to know that they are providing 1 months free unlimited calls and have good Customer Service .