Top 10 Mistakes of Twitter
Image via CrunchBase
Twitter is one of the popular social networking sites in the Internet today. Many people are into it both for information and to keep in touch with other people. Popularity doesn’t necessarily equal perfection and so Twitter still has its own flaws. Here are the top 10 mistakes of Twitter.
- There are too many social networking sites out there. The design of the software is not enough for it to be called a “social networking site”.
- The security measures are poor. There are many reports in the Internet about Twitter being hacked.
- They did not anticipate that they will grow big so their infrastructures are not enough to support all users.
- The Ruby Rail concept is only good at in the beginning but they have to come up with a better concept to facilitate growth.
- They do not have enough effort to improve their web interface. If users can easily understand how it works then it will lessen server load.
- Twitter does not have filtering measures. Users will receive a lot of information but they do not have enough means to filter spam.
- The discontinued instant messaging support is another mistake they had committed. It was definitely a cool feature.
- It collects private information from individuals. This will pose security risk to its users. This will become an issue of law in the long run.
- They do not have partnership with other big companies in the Internet. In order for them to stay in the business they have to have an alliance with the big ones.
- The software API of Twitter needs to be redesigned to attract more 3rd party developers. Good API will mean more developers that will be eager to use it.
Those are the top 10 mistakes of Twitter. It is up to you to weigh things whether to continues using the software or look for something else.