Top 10 Latest WordPress Plugins Worth Trying
WordPress is a high-tech open source publishing platform that focuses on aesthetics, usability and high web standards. You can name this blog tool as free and priceless, which helps you work with blogging and not fight it. Apart from that there are many themes and plugins that help you plug and play with your blog/website. At Techprone we already saw few excellent WordPress plugins for Twitter and best plugins for adsense. Now this time we will share Top 10 Latest WordPress Plugins Worth Trying that will just augment your love the giant!
Plugin provides syntax highlighting in posts and comments.
- Full GUI mode. No need to switch to code mode and back like in some other plugins
- GUI editor with realtime syntax highligting support integrated (can be disable in settings)
- GUI button to help with highlighting options. No need to memorize them!
- Blog-wide default settings for code highlighting. Now you can change the look of all your posts at once!
- Many options to customize code highlighting (almost full Geshi set)
Have you ever wanted to allow certain users to submit changes to published content, with an editor reviewing those changes before publication? Doesn’t it seem like setting a published post/page to a future date should schedule your changes to be published on that date, instead of unpublishing it until that date? Revisionary enables moderated editing of currently published posts or pages. Contributors also gain the ability to submit revisions to their own published content. These changes, if approved by an Editor, can be published immediately or scheduled for future publication.
Partial Feature List
- Pending Revisions allow designated users to suggest changes to a currently published post/page
- Scheduled Revisions allow you to specify future changes to published content (either via Pending Revision approval or directly by fully qualified author/editor)
- Enchanced Revision Management Form
- Front-end preview display of Pending / Scheduled Revisions with “Publish Now” link
- New WordPress role, “Revisor” is a moderated Editor
- Works with blog-wide WordPress Roles, or in conjunction with Role Scoper
Web Worth Blog Value Calculator is a plug-in that gives you a nice tidy widget to display your blog’s current estimated value in dollars. This information is displayed to you and your visitors to demonstrate just how much hard work you have put into your blog – Why not show this cool statistic off? This widget is dynamically updated when the sites value is updated at Web Worth. The site must be valued at Web Worth before it will show a value in dollars otherwise you will just see a VALUATE NOW warning.
If you are a webmaster then you probably know Google Webmaster Tool. Both Yahoo and Bing have their own versions called Yahoo SiteExplorer and Bing Webmaster Central. With them you can check how your site is indexed (Webmaster Tool), get detailed statistics (Analytics Tool), earn money (Google AdSense) and more.
This plugin allows you to easily integrate them with your blog. It has option to add Google, Bing, Yahoo’s Webmaster and Analytics code. Single click sitemap submission to Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask. In addition to that it has option to add tracking code for Clicky, 103Bees analytics!! Site-Verification-Option, Google XML sitemap submission. There are more to come in next releases. Stay tuned.
- NEW: Updates the Asynchronous Tracking snippet to the latest version provided by Google
- getClicky.com analytics option added
- 103Bees.com analytics option added
- XML Sitemap submission to Google.com, Yahoo.com and Ask.com
- Warning/Success/Failure messages added
- Option to add Google, Bing, Yahoo Webmaster Meta-Tag
- Option to add Google Analytics code
Login With Ajax is for sites that need user logins and would like to avoid the normal wordpress login, this plugin adds the capability of placing a login widget in the sidebar with smooth AJAX login effects.
Some of the features:
- Login without refreshing your screen using AJAX calls.
- Password retrieval now available within the widget.
- Compatible with WordPress, WordPress MU and BuddyPress.
- Will work with forced SSL logins.
- Customizable, upgrade-safe widgets.
- Redirect users to custom URLs on Login and Logout
- Redirect users with different roles to custom URLs
- shortcode and template tags available
- Widget specific option to show link to profile page
Group Documents creates a page within each BuddyPress group to upload and store documents. Documents can be edited and deleted either by the document owner or by the group administrator. Document activity is logged in the main activity stream, and is also tied to the user and group activity streams. The site administrator can set filters on file extensions, and users and moderators can receive email notifications at their option. There is also a “Recent Uploads” widget than can be used to show any number of recently uploaded documents.
- Titles and small description
- Navigation possibility (when hitting a Title the Image appears)
- Image for every different Post
- Powerfull Administration for Posts and Styles of the Slideshow
Online Leaf is a project started to help the Internet become greener, and through this plugin, it has been made easy for WordPress users to get a Green Website as well. Online Leaf is a project started to help the Internet become greener, and through this plugin, it has been made easy for WordPress users to get a Green Website as well.
Online Leaf aims to reduce the overall CO2 emissions from displaying websites, without any loss of visitor experience. You can still use visual effects, animations and heavy graphics to improve your website’s overall quality, since the standby engine does not conflict with any of those (as it is only activated when your visitors are inactive). The only change is that your blog will be a Green Website and help in making the web a much greener place to surf.
With this plug-in, you can use more than one content “block” on a template. You only have to insert one tag inside the template, so its easy to use. When you make a WordPress template, you can show the content of the current page by using the code the_content();, but when you have (for example) several columns, you cannot split these in different content “blocks”.
Short URL allows you to create shorter URL’s and keeps track of how many times a link has been clicked. It’s useful for managing downloads, keeping track of outbound links and for masking URL’s. Clicking the Clear All Clicks button will reset the count for each entry. Visit the plugin page for more information about this plugin.
Version 2.7.1 includes pagination of links, easier setup of htaccess (permalinks) and allows admins to pass variables to their redirects. It also allows customisation of the permalink so you’re no longer limited to /u/23.
Modify u.php if you’d like a custom message when a redirect is not found.
I hope this article was useful to you and feel free to share your experience working with above wordpress plugins!