Tidings with Ringtone
We are in the communication era with almost 99.9% of internet users are aware of mobile phones.From a report by comScore M:Metrics “In June 2008, 20.8 million U.S. mobile subscribers and 4.5 million European mobile phone subscribers bothered search, an increase of 68 and 38 percent from June 2007, respectively.” but do you know when did the mobile got its first commercial ringtone?
You should known with some facts of the ringtone like as follows:
- Do you know that the first commercial-grade mobile phone with ring tones was the Japanese NTT DoCoMo Digital Mova N103 Hyper by NEC, released in May 1996.
- The first downloadable mobile ring tone service was created and delivered in Finland in autumn 1998 when a Finnish mobile operator Radiolinja (today Elisa) started their service called Harmonium, invented by Vesa-Matti Pananen. – Source wiki
Their are basically three types of ringtones
- 1.Monophonic – As the name depicts “mono” means single.Monophonic tones have only single-channel and its buzz one musical tone at a time.
- 2.Polyphonic – As the name depicts “poly” means its contains of many tones and is capable of playing several notes at a time. Do you know that the first polyphonic cellphone ringtones used sequenced recording methods such as MIDI.Its basically dependent of the playback device.
- 3.Truetone – As the name depicts “true” mean real so these types of tones are also known as realtones.The other names of the truetones are “mastertone”, “superphonic ringtone” and audio tones.Now a days it is the fashion types of tone which plays wma and mp3 formats.
So what to choose before download mobile ringtones:
- Company should have review and paid ringtones so that user can’t feel discomfort.
- Ringtone should have option of preview so that user can have gets whatever he/she likes most.
- Their should be some extra beneficiary things like Mobile Games,free support and user reviews.
- The Company should have a WAP portal and can provide original, on-demand video programming, MP3-quality ringtones and several interactive applications.