Samsung Galaxy S II Available in UK Starting May 2011
Samsung has finally announced a date that it will release its Galaxy S II in the United Kingdom. In Samsung’s official press release, the company said that the release date for the phone in the UK market is May 1, 2011. The Galaxy S II runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and is said to have a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor.
The phone is perfect for multi-tasking and has a great screen that you can use to watch movies, watch TV or play video games on. Additionally, it has ‘organic’ LED technology and Super AMOLED Plus also helps save energy that helps the battery life last longer.
The phone also has an 8 megapixel camera and Samsung’s patented AllShare technology that helps you share movies, pictures and music with other devices. Samsung’s Kies Air lets you manage your smartphone contents from both your PC and through WiFi connections.
Some of the interesting features of the Samsung Galaxy S II, model I9100, are as follows:
- 2G Network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G Network: HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100
- Size: 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm
- Display: 4.2” Super AMOLED Plus
- Processor: Dual-core 1.2 GHz
- Memory: Internal: 16GB\32GB, 1GB RAM, External: microSD, up to 32GB
- Camera: 8 MP, with LED Flash
- Recording: 1080p Full HD
- Syncing: Samsung Kies 2.0
- Connection: Kies Air
- Sharing: AllShare (compatible with DLNA based products)