Samsung Announced 10.1” Galaxy Tab
In Mobile World Congress Barcelona today, Samsung announced its Galaxy Tab 10.1 that certainly comes with some of the most interesting features. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 incorporates Android Honeycomb tablet powered by a dual-core Tegra 2 processor and will run on Android 3.0. The tablet is said to be created in partnership with Vodafone. While Samsung will develop the tablet, Vodofone will be a front runner to cater to customer demand.
The Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet has a 1280×800 pixels discount and will come with two storage options 16 and 32 GB.
Important features of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1:
- OS – Android 3.0 (Honeycomb)
- Network – HSPA + 21Mbps 850/900/1900/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1900
- Display – 10.1” 1280×800 (WXGA) TFT
- Processor – 1GHz Dual Core application processor
- Camera – Main (Rear): 8.0 Mega Pixel Camera AF with LED Flash, Front: 2.0 Mega Pixel Camera
- Video – Format: MPEG4/H263/H264, Playback: 1080p FullHD Video @ 30fps, Recording – 1080p FullHD Video @ 24fps
- Audio – MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, OGG, MIDI, AMR-NB/WB
- Size – 246.2 x 170.4 x 10.9 mm (599g)
Some of the value added features that the tablet provides to its users is Android Market for more applications and contents, Android UI and browser, and Google Mobile Service. Additionally, it provides connectivity to Bluetooth technology v2.1 and EDR, USB 2.0, and WiFi.
[via – Samsung Hub]