PwnageTool 4.2 Released by iPhone Dev Team
PwnageTool 4.2 has been released by the iPhone Development Team. The PwnageTool 4.2 has incorporated the ‘feedface’ untether of the iOS 4.2.1. This will help iPhone unlockers to restore their settings to pre-jailbroker IPSW version on iOS 4.2.1, This means that customers can retain their existing baseband thought they unlock. The Pwnage tool supports the following versions iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4-Verizon, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G, iPad and Apple TV 2G.
This tool is most necessary for iPhone customers who rely on carrier unlock. The iPhones that rely unlock carrier unlock, they will need to use this tool to create custom 4.2.1 firmware files without upgraded baseband. This tool will help users unlock the iPhone using UltrasnOW 1.2, on the baseband.
The following are the steps to install PwnageTool 4.2:
1. Ensure that the latest version of iTunes is downloaded and installed.
Note: The latest version of iTunes must be installed.
2. Sync your iPhone iPad or iPod applications with iTunes and with your computer (PC or Mac) to ensure that all important information is backed-up in your computer.
3. Download PwnageTool 4.2 for your version of iOS device.
4. Installation is through an interactive wizard. You need to select the device for which in plan to use the tool and follow the steps.
Note: When the application asks you to confirm ‘Do you have an iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 contract that would activate normally through iTunes?’, ensure that you click ‘Yes’ ONLY if you are on an officially supported carrier like AT&T.
5. Enter the DFU mode by holding the Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds.
6. Restore the iPhone, iPad or iPod.
The steps are simple and easy to follow and will be available in detail as the user uses the application.
Download PwnageTool 4.2 for Mac
Download iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV 2G
[via – Redmond Pie]