Locate and Update Latest System Driver with SlimDrivers
SlimDriver is a tool that helps users with management of their system’s drivers. It can scan computers and identify drivers. It is a free tool that locates missing drivers and ensures that the drivers are up to date with the latest updates. It ensures that the latest version of software and installs it. Using the SlimDriver interface, users can download and install drivers manually, one after the other.
SlimDrivers works with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. This tool helps drivers to be up to date; and therefore resulting in faster drivers that ensure that the PC works better. This is because newer drivers are more optimized and coexist better with software that is in the PC. Additionally, it can also fix issues like devices that use drivers and issues of hardware causing problems.
Some of the most important features of the tool include:
- Instant scanning the system for missing or broken drivers
- Scheduling of scans to run automatically
- Updating drivers after downloading updates
- Uninstalling drivers as and when needed
- Have backup for drivers
- Restoring the system in the event of failure
Given the kind of features it has there are things that are effective about this tool and some spoilers as well. The tool’s negative aspects include:
- Lack of satisfactory information on drivers – both old and new drivers.
- Though the automatic update for drivers is an important feature, the downside is that most of these updates may not be relevant to the PC.
- Restricts the installation to download and installing the drivers in a one-by-one basis.
Overall this tool can be used effectively to monitor and update the system’s drivers. However, it is a tool that can be improved to fix all that needs to be fixed; also giving it enough room for growth. It is important to note here that this is just the first version and will surely be a tool that will help in making the PC faster and more efficient.