10 Best Halloween Costumes and Trends
Halloween is nearing, so what’s the plan? Yes, as the year turns we come across some awesome festivals that bring us joy and happiness. And Halloween is one of those festivals that is not only celebrated in US, but all across the world. Halloween is an annual holiday observed on October 31. It has roots in the Celtic festival of Samhain and the Christian holiday All Saints’ Day. The common activities on this day include trick-or-treating, wearing costumes, carving jack-o’-lanterns, ghost tours, bonfires, apple bobbing, visiting haunted attractions, committing pranks, watching horror films and so on. Halloween costumes were traditionally modelled after monsters such as ghosts, skeletons, witches, and devils. Over time, the costume selection extended to include popular characters from fiction, celebrities, and generic archetypes such as ninjas and princesses. Every year, new costumes are introduced to indicate some of the important things that year. Here are the top 10 latest Halloween Costumes of 2010, some classic favourites.
1. Lady Gaga: Gaga, the recently popularized singer, donned the creation on the red carpet at MTV’s Video Music Awards 2010. This prompted debate and speculation about whether it really was made of meat. This year predictions are that Lady Gaga’s meat costume will be well received at the Halloween parties. Lady Gaga has her own site, ladygaga.com that sells official Gaga costumes, wigs and accessories.
2. Avatar Costumes: With the release of the movie Avatar, and its wide spread success, it is predicted that it will be in the running for one of the most popular costumes this Halloween season. The Avatar costume is predicted to be specifically popular with the ladies.
3. Paul the Octopus: Paul the Octopus got famous during the Football World Cup. Paul correctly predicted all games involving Germany, and also picked Spain to win the World Cup final over the Netherlands. With the popularity of Paul and reports of his death, will lead to a lot of popularity of Paul the Octopus costume.
4. Cast of Jersey Shore: Jersey Shore is a reality show that follows eight brash, party-loving residents of Seaside Height and the Snooki and Pauly D are its biggest star. The popularity of this show and the star has increased the chances of becoming a popular Halloween costume.
5. Alice in Wonderland: Characters in Alice in Wonderland have been popular amongst adults, teens, and kids alike. These costumes are also popular among option to provide costumes for pets. This has specifically increased in popularity after the release this year of Tim Burton’s re-telling of the tale.
6. Star Wars: Since the first release of Star Wars, it has been popular around Halloween seasons for the costumes that can be based on it. For years this has been a popular costume for Halloween, and will maintain the demand for costumes even this year especially for pets.
7. Shrek costumes: Shrek is an animation film that has had many series and is popular among kids and adults alike. The protagonist, Shrek, and his wife Fiona have been a favourite amongst costumes around Halloween, since the movie’s first movie release in 2001. The latest release of Shrek in 2010, ‘Shrek Forever After’ has just brought its costumes back to the front as a popular costume option this Halloween.
8. Iron Man: This year saw the release of Iron Man 2. This has brought Iron Man costumes right back in focus and popular. With the success of Iron Man 2 has the costume promises to be a very popular option this Halloween (2010). The popularity of Marvel comic trends has superhero costumes and gear at.
9. Buzz Lightyear: Buzz Lightyear of Toy Story fame, is again one of the top choices for a Halloween costume. The third instalment of it was released amid almost universal acclaim earlier this year. “Toy Story 3” has made the character a popular costume again.
10. Evergreen costumes: Despite all the new entrants and famous costumes, there are some costumes that almost never go out of style. Some of the costumes are vampires, pirates, doctors, police officers, clowns, princesses, witches, pumpkins, Batman, Cat Woman, Superman, Spiderman, Batman and Robin, ninjas, bees, and angels.