JPGMAG is going to be shutdown in 2 days
JPGMAG ie Jpg Magazine is an online community based images portals that not only have the images but also have the stories associated with it.Its a favorite hang spot for photographers.JPG Magazine is governed by the 8020 Media.
What’s the Sad News?
8020 Media announced to close the JPGMAG.com on 5th of jan 2008.(usually this magazine published almost 6 times in a year).Laura Brunow Miner – the main editor declared about this news on 1 jan 2009 via company official blog.
The main problem in running this (4 years 3 months 30 days old as on jan 3 ,2009) start-up is the funding issues.The company and their friends tries to raise the funds by calling VC’s,investors and advertisers but all with fail ends.So finally they are going to end this up.Anyway the site have a good page rank of 6 and alexa of about 17+k (check here).
Web Archive: 416 Archive pages
About the core team of JPGMAG and 8020 Media
- Editor in Chief Laura Brunow Miner
- Art Director Rannie Balias
- Senior Engineers Devin Hayes, Kristine Rudkin
- UX Developers Jason Schupp, Ryan Matsumura
- Interactive Designer Brian Hunziker
- Community Manager Christi Ginger
- Interns Ali Cellini, Will Conlu, Jennifer Giese,
Laurel Moorhead, Lauren Sloss, Jenna Starr