iPhone Jailbreak Theme: Windows Phone 7 Goodness
Windows Phone 7 is the latest Windows version in the block. Now, Windows 7 can also be used on iPhone. A developer has created a theme that makes an iPhone look more like a Windows Phone 7. This version is available for a free preview and will soon be chargeable. Though it does not work exactly like the Windows Phone 7 and has received some slack from ardent Apple fans, it has surely received a lot of attention.
This theme can be installed using a few simple steps. However, some of prerequisites are:
- The iPhone must be jailbroken with Cydia installed
- It requires an internet connection (preferably Wi-Fi)
Guide to install the theme:
- Launch Cydia and install Backboard (free)
- Backboard created within a backup of your current theme. You can do this by pushing the “+” at the bottom left of the app.
- Now with your iPhone, click on the link below, or write it by hand navigation bar in safari:
- ” backboard: / / http://wyndrepo.googlecode.com/files/OS7Beta.zip “
- Press “Yes” and wait for the download to finish. This may take several minutes depending on your internet connection.
- Select the theme from the board OS7
- Press install and wait for the automatic Respring iPhone.
Some of the theme’s features include:
- No Iconoclasm
- No Infiniboard
- No SpringJumps
- No WinterBoard
- No Setup Required
- No Missing Icons (Auto-create)
Once the theme is applied the list of apps are displayed in alphabetical order on the screen of the iDevice. Though this is not a relevant option for the Apple and iOS fan, it surely is an option for users who like their Apple but are tired of the iOS.
[via – Redmond Pie]