how to use flash drive as a stretched memory
USB flash drives extend potential vantages over other portable storage devices, especially the floppy disk. Flash drives have series of advantages like as follows:
- Flash drives are more compact in shape.
- It can operate faster.
- It can hold much more data.
- It have have a more lasting design.
- it can operate more reliably due to their lack of moving parts.
If you have a lack of memory or you feel the need of more memory for your operating system then don’t worry you can set up your flash drive an extended memory source.
How to Setup and use your USB flash drive for use as stretched system memory:
- First of all go to “My Computer“
- Check for “Removable Disk” then right Click and select Properties
- Check for the ReadyBoost Tab. (ReadyBoost acknowledges logic to recognize large, sequential read requests and then allows these requests to be processed by the hard drive)
- You may enable this feature and auto assign the amount of memory you want to be utilized as the system memory.
Note: Do you know that by utilizing ReadyBoost-capable flash memory (NAND memory devices) for caching grants Windows Vista to service stochastic disk reads with functioning that is typically 80-100 times more quicker than random reads from conventional hard drives. This caching is employed to all disk capacity, not just the page file or system DLLs. Moreover you have to know that flash devices are typically slower than the hard drive for consecutive I/O, in order to exaggerate the performance.
Last but not least besides this extended use of flash drive in case you have bulk usage or you belongs to corporate , any company or with any schools then you may opt for Wholesale USB Flash or Promotional USB Drives.When ever you run any campaign or event then you are in need of personal and customized brandings.The best benefits of using these products are that you can have preloaded data integrated into your USB drives.So when ever users open their flash drives then this can include a software program, PowerPoint presentation, catalogs, Flash presentation or linkages to websites.