How to Install and Remove IE 9
Internet Explorer 9 (IE 9) is the latest version released by Microsoft. The way to install and uninstall IE 9 can be easily understood using this article.
To install IE 9, complete the following:
1. Open Windows Update, using one of the following option:
- Click Start, select All Programs and then click Windows Update.
- Go to the Control Panel, click System and Security, and then click Windows Update.
This displays the Windows Update dialog box.
2. Select Important, and click Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7.
3. Click OK.
4. After it is downloaded, click Install in the Windows Internet Explorer 9 dialog box.
Note: All programs must be closed before installing IE 9.
Uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 (IE 9) can be a little tricky because IE 9 is not available in Add/Remove Programs (as displayed in most Windows OS), or in Programs and Features (as displayed in Windows Vista).
Note: Microsoft identifies IE 9 as an update rather than a new application.
To uninstall IE 9, complete the following:
- Click System and Security, select Windows Update, and then click Installer Updates.
- Select WindowsInternet Explorer 9, and then click Uninstall.
- After it is uninstalled, the system has to be restarted. When you are prompted, click Restart Now.