How To Create Amazing Panorama Using PTGui?
Taking snaps, making them personalized and then giving unique touch is an interesting hobby among people today, as well as steady jobs for others. Digital photography is part of our day to day lives and we find them almost anywhere. And certainly is the most excellent way to remember the places and people you visit, however we now have an advanced technology called image stitching that let you merge multiple images with overlying of view into a sectioned panorama.
So if you are interested in creating your own panorama, you must check a superb image stitching software called PTGui. This is panoramic a powerful stitching software for Windows and Mac OSX operating system. Originally developed as a Graphical User Interface for Panorama Tools (hence the name), PTGui now is a full featured photo stitching application. The cool thing about this software is that you don’t really need to be a professional photographer in order to make panoramic images, just keep in mind few rules and you are done.
How it works?
As you enter the software piece you have project assistant to help you go ahead. You can add photos here for further workings and you will also find an option called “image calibration” that help you set up camera and lens parameters for achieving high quality photos. You are free to sort, correct and replace images with source images separately and more actions for lens settings like focal lens, lens type you would have to toggle the advanced button.
Creating beautiful panorama is just limited by your imagination, PTGui offers many default projection styles that can be made use of. Don’t forget to set up control points that are hugely important for the pictures that can save your time in reconstructing and reconfiguring the stuff you have in mind. Once you are done with the adjustment check out optimizations which is available in the same panel. For further advanced option click on Finder bar and anything you do on the project can be viewed in real-time Panorama Editor. Once you are sure of completing the project check the preview and proceed.
Important Features –
- PTGui can stitch multiple rows of images
- Create 360 degree cylindrical panoramas, ‘flat’ partial panoramas and even spherical 360×180 degree panoramas
- No need to keep the camera level: PTGui can stitch rotated and tilted images
- Virtually unlimited output size: create Gigapixel panoramas from hundreds of images!
- Create templates with frequently used settings.
- Support for OpenEXR (.exr) and HDR Radiance (.hdr) source images
- Batch Stitcher can generate control points and set up a panorama.
- Layered output allows full control over the final stitched result
- PTGui stitches most panoramas fully automatically, but at the same time provides full manual control over every single parameter. This enables stitching of ‘difficult’ scenes, where other programs fail.
- Full 16 bit workflow for best image quality
These are just handful of features I have mentioned and there are many more waiting for you to explore. However, you might have come across Photoshop stitching engine that does the job satisfactory, but you would certainly need PTGui when the project does not work find on Photoshop engine. PTGui offers quick and expert method of creating beautiful panoramas and can serve great for most of the passionate photographer. This piece can be a great choice when playing around with 180 or 360 degree VR.