Google Chrome Server Monitor to Monitor Websites
Many applications have been created in the past to monitor the active state of websites. However, most of these applications have had their share of issues. Google Chrome extension’s Server Monitor could however fit as a useful alternative.
Server Monitor enables user to monitor an unlimited number of URLs to check if a website is down. Additionally, it can also monitor associated website or blogs activeness. The extension once enabled displays the website status depending on whether it is active or down next to the website address bar.
- If the site is active the status appears green.
- If the site is down the status is red.
Additionally, at any point, the user can click the status and click Update now to immediately check the status of the website.
To add websites to the Server Monitor, complete the following steps:
- Click Tools, select Extensions, and then click Add New Server.
This display the Server monitoring options dialog box.
- You can add new server and configure the kind of notifications you want to receive from this dialog box.
- After adding and selecting the options, click Save.
Download Server Monitor for Chrome