Dan Schawbel Reveals Top 5 Social Media Mistakes
Dan Schawbel, personal branding expert and guru, reveals 5 common mistakes one makes while trying to make social media work for you. Dr. Woody, CEC certified professional coach who holds a PhD in organizational psychology, interviewed Dan Schawbel.
In an interview reported on Fox Business, Dan Schawbel stated that your brand
what makes you special and stand out from the others
1. Not Defining Your Brand: In the interview this was one of the first points that Schawbel had said; he said If you don’t define your brand someone will do it for you’.
2. Inconsistency of Message: There are many options in social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter. He emphasized the importance of ensuring that all these networking options communicate the same message about you.
3. No Clear Targets: To use the different social media, he said, there must be a definite outcome that you expect from the media. If the target is a little unclear, even the communication will be unclear.
4. Not Converting: He said that the easier thing to do is to get people to come to your page; however, to ensure that the viewers look at your media page and take action is more vital for success.
5. Failing to Move from Online to Offline: He identified that social media just works as a networking option, finally, it is up to the person to develop on the relationship in the real world.