Apple Releases Software Version 1.1 for 6th Gen iPod Nano
As an iPod Nano user, if you were feeling a little neglected with all the updates to the other devices, Apple has some good news for you. Apple has released software update version 1.1 for its 6th generation iPod Nano. The latest version 1.1 of the software brings two new features to 6th generation of the iPod Nano.
The following are the two interesting features that you can use as a 6th generation iPod Nano:
- Ability to shut down the iPod Nano: The latest feature is to help you turn the iPod Nano off directly, when the iPod is not connected or charging, using the Sleep/Wake button. This is different from how the user would have to hold down the Sleep/Wake button down to force it to go to sleep. When the user turns off the iPod nano music and slide shows are stopped, the radio is cleared, and the voice memo being recorded and workout data is saved and stopped.
- More Control playback: The Sleep/Wake button can now be used to change the track or the radio station. Alternatively, it can be used to pause or play the existing track or radio station.
However, to allows your iPod nano to use the Sleep/Wake button the following steps must be completed:
1. Move to the Home screen, select Settings.
2. Under Settings, select Music, and then select Sleep/Wake.
3. Select the On/Off option.
4. Depending on what you want to use the button for, select one of the following:
- Next Track: To use the button to change tracks or radio station.
- Play/Pause: To use the button to play or pause tracks or radio stations.