Top 10 Android Phone Blogs and Resources
Android phones have become a very popular subject for all of internet. Particularly, in more and more Android owners, experts and enthusiasts have been blogging about the different kinds of phones, special features and events and news. However, with the different sources of information available for people that browse the internet to find out about Android, there could be information that misleads its readers or have information that may not be as relevant. Following are a list of sites that host interesting, relevant and up-to-date information on Android phones and devices.
Update: In recent few months reddit Android community shows a great interest in Android platform. I’ll recommend this above all if you are seeking for instant news with authority. You can also check the right sidebar for collection of FAQ’s , Apps and useful links http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/
1. Gizmodo: Gizmodo is an open forum that is built by the readers. It is a set of pages that has discussions, debates and blogs that are handled and moderated by a set of moderators. Over and above the moderated pages, moderators provide authority for approved commenter’s to host their own pages of information. Apart from the many people that run this website, Brain Lam is the editorial director of the page, and Jason Chen is the editor.
2. Android Community: Android Community was launched by R3 Media LLC. Android community follows and updates its users with open-platform mobile devices. It stays on top of the latest news by working with entities like Google. The blog apart from providing information also allows its users to create their own blogs and provide information to the blog.
3. Google Mobile: The Google Mobile Blog is the official site of Google. It deals with mobile phones and androids primarily. Apart from acting as an announcement for Google updates, it also provides information on how to use features.
4. Android Guys: Android Guys was initiated on November 5, 2007. This was the day when Google announced the Open Handset Alliance and Android. The biggest selling point this site is that it is dedicated only to Android news. It was initially started out with 4-5 regular contributors. Now, it is a one stop place that provides news, opinions and technology updates for Androids.
5. Life Hacker: Life Hacker is an open forum. This helps users to leave comments, have moderated discussions, create their own space to blog that they need. The main contributors, apart from interns and contributing copy writers, are Adam Pash as Editor-in-Chief, Kevin Purdy as Contributing Editor, Adam Dachis and Whitson Gordon as Writers, and Gina Trapani as Founding Editor.
6. Talk Android: Talk Android is a website that works as a news website and community forum. It was founded in 2008. It provides information around Open Handset Alliance and the Android platform. There are many technology enthusiasts that help manage the website. Some of them are Dustin Karnes as Editor in Chief, Tyler Cunningham as Editor. Additionally, Michael Murphy, Jesse Bauer, Steve Ginter, Mikka Burrell, Josheph Sirianni, and Kerry Garrison are Authors for this site.
7. Phandroid: Phandroid claims to be the first independent website dedicated to delivering Android news. Additionally, it is the first documented website. It was created on November 5, 2007. The website provides articles, breaking news and useful resources. It is a ideated to be a community that focuses on Android news and stories.
8. Android Developers: Android Developers is a forum that focuses on Android. The site provides SDK files, development guide, videos and blogs. This site founded in the month of November 2007.
9. Androinica: It’s an Android blog that provides information on the Android operating system. It provides reviews, news, tutorials and tips to use a android more efficiently. It is a part of the YulMedia Blog Network. This site has been recognized by ABC News as a valued source and was one of PC World’s list of 50 Smartphone Blogs to Watch. Apart from many contributors, the following comprises the Androinica team – Stephane Dion as Executive Editor, Andrew Kameka as Managing Editor, Robert Nelson as Editor, Christopher Smith and Ed Clark as Contributor.
10. Android Authority: It was established to be an independent voice that covers all kinds of Android based information. The site provides information on Android phone reviews, how to use Android phones more efficiently, hands-on reviews, and latest news and rumours in the Android world.