10 Interesting Vacation Spots to Explore
A vacation is a wonderful thing. It gives you hopes of relaxation, rejuvenation and promises a whole lot of fun. So, now that said, you first need to figure out what and where you want to go. Your vacation trips to travel to a great place depends on a host of features; including accessibility, travel time, expenses, desired activities, and so in.
Though vacation places are innumerable in India, here is a list of places that certainly figure as interesting places to see. The list includes places with different things to offer; it is has places that are at higher altitudes that provide scenic mountain beauty, places that help you chill and experience the beach of India, and places with historic significance. Needless to say, these are just the surface of all that you can explore in the country that is India.
1. Lavasa (Maharashtra): This is India’s first planned city that planned on the principle of new urbanism. It is a hill city that is being built over 25000 acres of landscape. This city focuses on integrating the environmental needs with commercial ones. It is accessible by road from Pune and Mumbai; with hotels and home stay accommodation.
2. Conoor (Tamil Nadu): Conoor is a part of the Nilgiri hills in Tamil Nadu. It is a slow and laidback spot and famous for tea plantations. It is accessible by road and a special toy train and can be reached from Mettupalayam (28 km). The weather is pleasant through the year; situated at an altitude of 1836 meters.
3. Kulllu Manali (Himachal Pradesh): When you vacation in Himachal Pradesh, Kullu and Manali are must-see sites. Kullu is a beautiful valley on the side of river Beas. Manali is 40 kms away from kullu and near the end of the valley on the National Highway leading to Leh. They are well connected by road, rail and air.
4. Coorg (Karnataka): Coorg, the Scotland of India, is in the Western Ghats and about 1525 meters above sea level. This town has something for everyone; whether it is breathtaking views, home-made chocolates and wine, farms of coffee and spice plantations, or distinguished Coorg cuisine, you can find it all just 252 kms from Bangalore.
5. Alleppey (Kerala): Alleppey has been referred to as the ‘Venice of the east’. Though all of kerala is breathtaking in its own way, Alleppy remains one of the most important places for tourism. It is famous for canals, the coir carpet industries, prawn farming, backwater tourism, and the snake-boat races (held in august).
6. Goa (Goa): Goa is called ‘Pearl of the Orient’ and sometimes ‘Tourist Paradise’. Goa is known for its beaches, the sea food, the parties, and much more. Goa is enriched with the experience of multiple dynasties ruling over it and the Portuguese and Konkan history and heritage. Goa is accessible by road, train and air.
7. Pondicherry (Pondicherry): Think Pondicherry, think French. Beautiful beaches, breathtaking architecture, well maintained streets, and spiritual bliss are only some of the features of this place. The union territory is a mix of history, culture, and cosmopolitan flair. It is the ideal getaway for beach lovers and is reachable by road and train from Chennai.
8. Khajuraho (Madhya Pradesh): If you are an architectural buff, then Khajraho is certainly a place that you want to see. Of the 85 temples that the Chandela Rajput kings built, only 22 have survived. Located about 620 Kms from southeast of New Delhi, each one of the temples has a uniqueness and beauty.
9. Darjeeling (West Bengal) : This hill station is situated in the Himalayas. It is called the ‘Queen of the Hills’ for the natural beauty the place has. Darjeeling is famous for tea, teak wood, its history and the ingenious toy trains that take you to and from there. Activities include nature walks, trekking, and so on.
10. Jaipur (Rajasthan):Rajasthan by itself is a beautiful state with sand, culture, vibrancy, colour, history and natural beauty. Jaipur is the capital city and is also called the Pink City. It is situated about 260 Kms from Delhi. Jaipur is a incredible mix of a bustling growing city, while retaining the natural beauty.