10 Essential Android Apps for Business
Time is precious and all business entrepreneurs will undoubtedly agree with the fact that time is money. Gadgets and technology get together to bring to you some of the most interesting Android applications that you can use to manage your business. Ranging from organizing your documents to finding your way through the world to always being updated and connected to your mails and contacts, Android applications offers you all. Here we are collecting 10 such powerful apps that can enhance your productivity level to the maximum. Check them out:
1. Bump : This application helps you manage your contacts with ease. You can exchange contact information or images between two phones by simply bumping them together. What’s more, Bump is free for download and works well for both Android phones and iPhones. Bump organizes your contact information for you and you do not have to deal with visiting cards or carry them around.
2. Cab4me : Helps find a cab when you need it, without hailing one or waiting for one. Pick up your exact or approximate location on the map, and you can see taxi stands as per the data available for the area. You can also change over to call cab tab and find the contact details of local cab companies, along with payment modes, car types. This application is free to use.
3. Documents to go : Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF files etc are essentials to manage your business any day, and this app does exactly that. It allows you to edit, create and view these files, including 2007 version, in an intuitive interface. This application is easy to use and an absolutely necessity application. You can opt for a free version of the app if you just need to view or work on emails and attachments.
4. DropBox : This is an application that allows you to synchronize your files online and across different computers such as Mac, Windows and Linux, automatically without having to download them each time. You can share folders with other people, restrict sharing or remove sharing permissions completely, the changes done to your folder can be viewed instantly and you can even create a Public folder that links to the files directly. You can also check out Dropbox for computers.
5. Expensify : One of the key best practices of managing a business is that you also keep track of the expenses. Expensify is an application that imports your credit card receipts and converts them into PDF reports that you can save or send conveniently. It’s also very easy to keep tab of cash expenses, upload images of your receipts, create reimburse expense reports using direct deposit and log mileage. The application works well on all currently released Android phones.
6. Google voice : This application is a communication enhancer. You can send SMS, call people from your Google number, and can automatically transcribed voicemails can be read like emails. The application integrates with your phone’s native address book, while you can also make economical international calls from your phone. There are various ways to access Google voice from your phone, depending on the device.
7. Locale : It was initiated as a project by a bunch of students at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. This app, when downloaded, helps your ringer to be off if you are at ‘meeting’ or at ‘work’ and can be set to ring loudly if you are at ‘home’. So inside of your prescribed settings/locales, your Android phone can modify its behavior to suit your locales. It can also work as a power conservator by automatically turning off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (features that require and use more power) when your phone battery is low.
8. Nitrodesk Touchdown Exchange : This application does a whole bunch of things for you that’ll make your life easier at work. This application helps with task, calendar, email, and contact. You can create tasks from your email, mark complete or filter and sort them. The calendar helps you with your appointments, sets reminders, edit appointments or snoozing them. Email options include reading and sending mails, moving them to folders, set out of office alerts, receive notifications, etc. You can export your contact list to phonebook automatically, update contacts or do a quick search. Widgets can integrate all the above functions and enhance your overall office experience.
9. ServerUp : Find out if your company server or a web server is up or down with this Android application. You also get alerts directly to your mobile and it provides functions such as ping check, trace route, WHOIS look up, etc. You can enter multiple host and port names and disable or enable specific hosts. This server monitoring application is available to check the status as often as you would like.
10. TripIt : This is a free Travel application and assists you with features like a travel help desk. It helps you track your itineraries, miles, points earned, know hotel plans and car rentals, etc.; all integrated to make travel easy for you. You can share your travel details with your team, and can also view their itineraries, locate yourself or know about places using maps and directions. TripIt Pro features include alerts about flights and alternate flight information.
Those are some amazing Android phone applications to enhance your business. Now it’s your turn to share your favorite Android applications for business, so push it via comment!